Thursday, August 4, 2011

Chins up! {How to look better in photos}


Do you hate getting your picture taken because you never like how you look in them?!? This post is here to save the day! I have learned a little secret that actually a lot people dont know about. I was surprised while out with a bunch of girlfriends and we busted out the camera, everyone was not happy about the way they looked. They were hatin' on me because I was coming out pretty darn good! :) I instantly perked up and said "Chins up!"  When we take pictures of ourselves and especially with groups of people we tend to do the old hug around the neck thingy which makes us lean back and gives many people a double chin. No, no, no....we can certainly show how much we love our friends with a hug but friends don't let friends take bad photos! So, here is it plain and simple...Keep your chins up and out! Now don't go crazy with this....We often lean back when we smile and this give the illusion of a double chin. Not sure about you, but no me gusta! (I don't like it). So all you need to do is remember to keep your chin a little forward. It's hard to explain in words so I will show you an example below:


So as you can see in the first (top left photo) I'm giving a big smile which is giving me a awful double chin! EWW! Then next one is a little better, see how my chin is more forward, then the next one is a little more exaggerated. LOOK! No more double chin, all you can see is a nice jaw line. And finally, if you can also move the camera a little higher which makes you automatically look up.

So there you have it! Go out and practice :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment