Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Back to School {Photo Ideas}


Ok...so the summer is coming to a screeching halt (thank goodness!). What??! Tell me you aren't a little exciting about this. We have had a fabulous summer with our bucket list and all, however I am ready for my oldest to start Kindergarten so I can finally get back on a better work schedule. With that being said, I as very excited about what I have been seeing around the web for back to school photos. You can count on the fact I will be taking a bunch of photos of my girl on her first day (which happens to be next Thursday). I wanted to share with you a few tips and fun ideas so you can get some great shots too! Here we go:

1. Add signage: 
Take a photo with a sign showing which grade they are entering. This will help when you get old & can't remember a thing! Here are a few cute ones, or you can make one yourself!


Download these free printable signs from Chickabug & HowDoesShe here



Download this free printable from iheartnaptime here.

2.  Document:
Document your child's favorite things like Rocket City Mom shows here. Don't have Photoshop for this one....no worries, you can use one of the free photo editing software programs to do this like Picnik



Another fun thing to so it take a photo of your child on the first day of school and last day of school in the same outfit. Add them side by side to see how much they have grown over the school year. 



3. Capture the details:
Get close up shots of those nice new shoes, the backpack, the clothes. It's all in the details!!


Also, don't forget to take photos of your child's classroom, their desk, the front of the school....all these things will help tell the story of your child's first day of school and make it memorable. 

Check back next week for MY daughter's back to school photos. If you have some back to school photos to share, please send me!! I'd love to check them out :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment