Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sweet Shoppe Valentine's Day Ice Cream Party


 After the craziness of the holidays, I had started thinking about having a Valentine's Day themed ice cream party for my girls and their friends. As I started looking around for ideas, I saw that Anders Ruff, had already designed a DIY printable package for that exact theme! BINGO! I totally had to grab it and boy was I excited about everything that they had included. There was 33 pages of printable goodness inside! One thing I loved that they created a activity sheet with a crossword puzzle, tic tac toe game, and some room to color. This also did double duty as a place mat too! Even better!!! The backdrop was created by using tissue paper garland from Shop Sweet Lulu. I also purchased the pink stripped paper straws from them too. 



Another activity I thought of was making candy necklaces. I bought the plastic hearts at Target (dollar bins) and filled them with candy. I took already made candy bracelets and cut them so the kids could string their own :)  





As part of the Anders Ruff party package, included these tags. I thought they would would be the perfect size for my fudge and caramel jars, it worked out perfectly! I also stuck a party circle on top of the jar too. 


I found this pretty sparkly heart garland at Michaels for only $3.74! 


My original thought was to buy these ice cream glass jars for the kids to eat their ice cream, but then I realized that was not practical. Sooo...even better, put the toppings in them. I had M&M's, sprinkles, mini marshmallows, malted chocolate balls, gummy hearts, and Twizzlers. These were purchased at the Dollar Tree. 





I used some of the patterned paper to wrap the whipped cream can and added a party circle. You could also add a label which said Whipped Cream but I ran out of time! C'est la vie! 


I love that there was some pre-printed labels includes such as the Pink Lemonade. 










I found these cake batter truffles on Pinterest last week. My first thought was that they looked like little ice cream balls with sprinkles. A few days later I realized they would look super cute in a cake cone. Perfect size too. I love it! They are delicious too! 









This party was definitely SUPER SWEET! :) 

Vendor Credits: 

Printables: Anders Ruff 

Tissue Paper Garland & Stripper Paper Straws: Shop Sweet Lulu 

Photography: Moxie Photography 


1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear about your valentines day ice cream party. Last month, arranged my brother’s anniversary party at one of local wonderful Seattle venues and it was quite a grand one. Many people appreciated my arrangements.

    ReplyDelete