Saturday, October 1, 2011

Halloween Yarn Wreath {DIY Craft}


Have you seen all these adorable yarn wreaths? I'm really in love with them. So simple, yet pretty. I have been feeling so inspired by all the DIY projects, especially on Pinterest. I decided to try it myself! It looked pretty easy, and you know what?!? It WAS!

Here are the materials you need:

  • Foam wreath - around $3
  • Yarn -$2-$3
  • Embellishments (felt flowers, wood letters, ribbon, etc.)
  • Scissors 
  • Ribbon for hanging - or you can you a wreath hanger too. 

Basically start wrapping the warn around the wreath. I did this while watching a Keeping up with the Kardashian's marathon on tv. It's a good idea to sit in front of the tv while doing this, it gets a little tedious but I actually enjoyed it. 




Now don't worry if you aren't getting it all lined up nice and neat. You will see when you go round and round with the yarn, you may end up overlapping pieces but that it ok. Trust me, it actually looks better when it's not perfectly straight. It adds texture to the wreath. 


This took about 45 minutes to go around the whole 12 inch wreath. I liked the way it turned out but I decided to do another go around the whole wreath one more time just to make it a little thicker. 

Next I added the wooden ghost and witch hat with hot glue. I bought these at Michael's for only 59 cents each. The Happy Halloween was also purchased at Michaels for $1.49 and I hot glued that as well. 



Easy, right?!? Even better it's inexpensive too! 

I am going to start working on a Fall/Thanksgiving wreath next. Not with yarn but with the tons of burlap I have left over from my daughter's party. 

I'm loving this! :)


2 comments:

  1. Thank You for your compliment on my pink pumpkins! It's always fun to see a post from someone I haven't met yet. I've enjoyed perusing through your blog. Love the Halloween wreath and Teagen is adorable.
    I'm a new follower :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple yet so cute! (via TT&J)

    ReplyDelete